Lithosphere 2014 Symposium
November 4-6, 2014, Turku, Finland
Photo: F. Chopin
The National ILP Committee of Finland organizes the Lithosphere 2014 Symposium at the Åbo Akademi University in Turku, Finland on Nov. 4-6, 2014. This is the 8th symposium on the Structure, Composition and Evolution of the Lithosphere in Fennoscandia. The language of the symposium is English.
- Precambrian and Phanerozoic evolution of the Fennoscandian lithosphere
- Orogenies: Structure, deformation, magmatism and metamorphosis
- Analogue and numerical modelling of lithospheric evolution
- Neotectonics, seismicity, deglaciation and postglacial uplift of Fennoscandia
- Natural resources and metallogeny
- Scientific drilling projects in Fennoscandia
- Impact craters in the Fennoscandian shield
- Short communications and briefings on new and on-going projects
The program will consist of oral and poster presentations, and short communications. An abstract volume will be published in the Report Series of the Institute of Seismology at the University of Helsinki (also available in the web). Student posters will be evaluated and the best poster will receive an award.
Lithosphere 2014 meeting flyer
Please feel free to download and print copies of the Lithosphere 2014 meeting flyer for posting in your department, survey or organisation. We welcome national and international contributions from researchers studying any of the themes posted above.
100 € (the student price is 30 €)
The participation fee includes the symposium publication, a coffee/tea service during breaks and an ice-breaker party. The fee can be paid through the Åbo Akademi University web shop.
Extended abstracts: October 3, 2014
Registration: October 10, 2014
The meeting starts Tuesday, November 4 at 10:00 and ends on Thursday, November 6 at 15:00
Åbo Akademi University, Arken Campus, Turku, Finland
Chair of the organising committee
Prof. Olav Eklund, (olav.eklund [at] abo.fi)