The National ILP Committee of Finland organizes the Lithosphere 2012 Symposium
at the Geological Survey of Finland, Espoo, during Nov. 6-8, 2012. The symposium is
aimed for all geoscientists working with problems of the Fennoscandian lithosphere.
The language of the symposium is English.
The symposium has the following themes:
- Fennoscandian lithosphere from upper crust to asthenosphere
- Precambrian and Phanerozoic evolution of Fennoscandian lithosphere
- 3D and 4D modeling of lithosphere structures and evolution
- Orogenies: Structure, deformation, magmatism and metamorphosis
- Neotectonics, seismicity, deglaciation and postglacial uplift of Fennoscandia
- Natural resources and metallogeny
- Scientific drilling projects in Fennoscandia
- Short communications and briefings on new and on-going projects
The program will consist of oral and poster presentations and short communications.
An abstract volume will be published in the Report Series of the Institute of Seismology,
University of Helsinki (also available in the web). Student posters are evaluated and the
best poster will be rewarded.
Participation fee is 100 € (students 30 €) and it includes the symposium publication,
the coffee/tea service during breaks and the ice-breaker party.
Account number: ILP KV Litosfääriohjelma, Sampo
IBAN : FI40 8000 2436 4077 29
BIC : DABAFIHH
Extended abstracts: October 5, 2012
Registration: October 15, 2012
Meeting starts on November 6 (Tue) at 9:00 and ends on November 8 (Thu) at 15:00
Symposium venue: Geological Survey of Finland, Espoo (addr. Betonimiehenkuja 4, 02150 Espoo)
|Ilmo Kukkonen||Geological Survey of Finland||ilmo.kukkonen (at) gtk.fi|
|Olav Eklund||Åbo Akademi||olav.eklund (at) abo.fi|
|Annakaisa Korja||University of Helsinki||annakaisa.korja (at) helsinki.fi|
|Toivo Korja||University of Oulu||Toivo.Korja (at) oulu.fi|
|Raimo Lahtinen||Geological Survey of Finland||Raimo.Lahtinen (at) gtk.fi|
|Juha Pekka Lunkka||University of Oulu||juha.pekka.lunkka (at) oulu.fi|
|Markku Poutanen||Finnish Geodetic Institute||markku.poutanen (at) fgi.fi|